My new album, PER|SE:VERE is album of hope and struggle and determination, of continuing in the face of difficulty.
Hopeful beginnings, rising tensions, the chaos, the incipient and the determination of perseverance are brought to life using my signature instrumentation, structures and techniques.
1. Prelude– The piece of music that inspired the rest. Tinged with sadness and hope in equal measure, PER|SE:VERE is introduced.
2. Incunabula– The resolutions of sweeping life changes captured in the first traces of perseverance. Positive and excited, our journey starts with optimistic determination, with a hint of the strength that will be needed.
3. Gignesthai– To be born, the origin, the creation. We are shaped by perseverance, by difficulty. Our character is defined by the struggle.
4. Inchoate– Messy and imperfect – perseverance in the mist of disarray. Sad and despondent, just continuing……
5. Recrudescence– Renewed activity after a period of remission, the revival of something good. The positive affirmation of progress.
6. In Medias Res– To start in the middle. During the struggle of perseverance, of routine and slowness positive hope follows….somewhere in the middle.
7. Arbitrium– Determination to continue.
8. Spero– There is hope. Hope in all the difficulty, for if we have hope we have all.
9. Postlude– Bringing it all together. Bring it to an end. To persevere, to continue in the face of difficulty.